"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
   Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
Deuteronomy 31:8

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Our story on KDLT!

KDLT News has been so good to us this week!! I got a call last week Friday asking if I could come to the studio EARLY Monday morning for a live interview about my "a cake 4 a cure" fundraiser! I was thrilled! What a great way to get some awareness for Dravet Syndrome and help us raise some money for the Dravet Syndrome Foundation! I was there around 6:00am for a spot at 6:30. If you missed that little clip you can watch it here - http://www.kdlt.com/kdltnews-news-kdlt-news-today/Have-Your-Cake-And-Help-A-Cause-Too/33458266 I was pretty nervous going into that interview but after talking to myself the whole way to Sioux Falls and praying before going in the door - I was completely at ease in the studio!! Thank you Lord! No tongue-twist ups!

After that visit Monday morning, Sarah Blakely (the morning anchor) asked if they could come to our house to meet Luella and extend the story. I got home by 7:15am on Monday and Sarah and her camera man arrived around 9:00. Sarah asked if Luella and I could possibly do a little baking for them and I quickly got things set up. It was SO FUN! Luella definitely is my little kitchen helper! She probably helps more in the kitchen than the other kids. Of course she loves to be my little tester too!

Teaser Video
Out of all the video they took I was anxious to see how it would all come together. On the KDLT News at 5:00 they did a short little teaser for what was to come at 6:00. They featured more of my cakes here. This wasn't posted online so I just took a quick video of what was on TV to share here:


Watch on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/NjEVy379c78

The WHOLE Story
At 6:00 the story was on and they did a great job putting it all together! Luella has really enjoyed seeing herself on TV so much this week. She had the biggest grin watching herself eat that cupcake at the end!! Here is what aired on the KDLT News at 6:00 (also re-aired this morning around 6:30) and the story they wrote online also (not the greatest quality, but you get the idea):
http://www.kdlt.com/news/local-news/Minnesota-Mom-Bakes-Cakes-For-A-Cure/33505996
We kind of feel like celebrities this week!! :-) It was fun and we pray that we helped raise some awareness.

Don't Forget to get Your Tickets!!!
Only 12 days left to get your tickets to win a cake and help us find a cure! Please visit the donation site to make your donation - every $5 gets you one entry into the cake drawing! ALL the money will go to the Dravet Syndrome Foundation!! 

http://www.youcaring.com/acake4acure/

No comments:

Post a Comment