"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
   Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
Deuteronomy 31:8

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Purple Power


Let me start out by saying this post is past due! I should have posted this last week. Tuesday, March 26th was Purple Day for epilepsy awareness. We all wore purple in our house and I thought I'd probably see a few friends and family wearing purple too. I was overwhelmed by all the support! I was at Bible study that morning and several friends there had their purple on! Had I given them more notice, I know more would have! Back in November for Epilepsy Awareness Month they all surprised me by wearing purple!! They are a GREAT group of ladies who always do more than they should! :-) I had quite a few messages throughout the day from people telling me they had their purple on and a few pictures shared with me as well. A high school friend who runs a daycare did a MAJOR purple day! All the little kiddos wore purple and also had sweet little purple ribbons painted on their cheeks! They each decorated a purple flower for Luella and mailed them along with several other purple goodies for her. We found a very special place for Luella's "purple garden"! It's the kindness and encouragement and most importantly the prayers we get from all you special people that give us hope for Luella. Epilepsy does not get the attention and funding it deserves. We pray that through these Purple Days and Purple Months we can build awareness and change that for Luella and so many more.

Some pictures from Purple Day 2013
With Mommy and Daddy

Luella and her siblings.


Purple Accessories!

Purple Friends


Shana's Daycare Kids






Of course Luella wanted her own purple ribbon once she saw all the other kids with theirs!

Luella's Purple Garden


1 comment:

  1. Awesome support Heather!
    I especially love Luella's purple garden :)

    ReplyDelete