"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
   Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
Deuteronomy 31:8

Friday, January 18, 2013

...99 and 100 (2 seizures today)

Luella had two seizures today. Seizures number 99 and 100! So now we are in the triple digits. :(

I tried taking her outside with me today for awhile to get some fresh air since it was so nice. I was out front taking down some greenery on our front porch and she was having so much fun riding her pink tricycle again! It was a little breezy in the front and we were in the shade so I thought we'd go to the back yard and get some sun. The second I opened the back door of the garage and the sun hit her she started seizing. She had sunglasses on too but I think the dramatic change was too much. That seizure stopped fairly quickly with one dose of her rescue med. She did sleep for almost two hours but when she woke up she was pretty much herself - goofy, happy and teasing us. When Jim got home from work I told Luella to tell daddy what happened to her today (mostly to see what she would say, Jim knew about the seizure), she said, "I got a seizure." Poor little babe!

We had supper then Luella and daddy wrestled a little and played. Jim handed Luella off to me so he could head upstairs to check on the older ones showering. Luella sat on my lap while I was at the laptop and all of a sudden she gasped and started seizing again. This one was a tonic clonic seizure and her little body was shaking so hard. Once again she bit her tongue! This seizure also stopped fairly quickly with one dose. Both seizures today had Luella shivering so hard afterwards, I just snuggled up to her with a blanket to try and warm her up. When Luella woke up after the second seizure she was pretty groggy and complained that her tummy, arm and head hurt. I think her muscles were sore and I'm sure she had a headache too! She wasn't up too long then it was bedtime. She pretty much slept the afternoon and evening away. Praying for a better day tomorrow.

1 comment: