"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
   Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
Deuteronomy 31:8

Monday, December 3, 2012

Purple Prayers

I meant to post this on Friday - the last day of November, the last day of Epilepsy Awareness month. Unfortunately, waking up to Luella having a seizure on Friday morning put most of the day's priorities in a different place.

I just really wanted to say thank you for all the PURPLE PRAYERS for Luella and all those with epilepsy - not only in the month of November but the whole year through! Many of you made a special effort to wear purple in November and not just wear purple but to tell others why you were wearing purple. My good friend explained the meaning of purple in November to her boys and told them when they see something purple to say a quick prayer for a cure for epilepsy and Dravet. Things like that warm my heart!!

Our local newspaper ran a story on Luella and our desire for more awareness for epilepsy. I've had older people tell me about relatives who had epilepsy half a century ago and how it was "hush, hush" and nobody talked about it. I truly believe that increasing epilepsy awareness will bring us closer to a cure.

Thanks everyone!!


Luella with her ECFE teachers. They all surprised us by wearing purple on November 1st!
My Bible study group joined together and wore purple too!

No comments:

Post a Comment