"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
   Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
Deuteronomy 31:8

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

2 Seizures Christmas Day

Merry Christmas everyone!! Hope you all enjoyed some time with family and friends this Christmas as we celebrate the birth of our Savior!

Luella excited to find a number 3! "It's how old you are" she says!!
Luella's day started out great! Santa brought her an art easel with a drawing board on one side and magnet board on the other. She had so much fun arranging the number and letter magnets. After some time opening gifts at home we went on to SD to be with my side of the family. Luella made it through lunch and opening gifts there and while we were all posing for a family picture she had a seizure. She was calm, hadn't been running or excited... hard to say what triggered it. It had been a week on Sunday since her last seizure so she was "due" I guess. I always worry about those seizures at my parents' farm since there isn't a hospital close by. Thankfully it was quick and stopped with one dose of her rescue med. We headed home after her seizure and she slept the entire way.

At home she was cranky. We still had some gifts to open that we didn't have time for in the morning. She wasn't really in the mood anymore. She headed back to her new art easel and was playing with the magnets again. I couldn't see her face on the other side of the easel but I could see her feet. She was moving around a little then she just stopped. I went and looked right away and she was having another seizure!! :( Poor baby. Again it stopped with one dose of her rescue med. And she slept AGAIN! We continued to open the other gifts while she slept on the floor beside me. I basically woke her up to put her to bed tonight. She slept so much today, I hope she sleeps all night. She has one more gift to open tomorrow - her bigger gift from mommy and daddy. I hope she will be feeling lots better in the morning... I can't wait to see her reaction!

So, not the "perfect" Christmas by a long shot, but I guess I just need to remember how lucky we are. So many other Dravet parents deal with watching their precious children having multiple seizures EVERY day! Or have Dravet kids who aren't even able to open a Christmas gift or play with the toys they are given. We are truly blessed with our Luella!

Please pray as we prepare to start the GAPS diet in January!

1 comment:

  1. so sorry Heather :(...it's always hard when seizures come on special days. You have a good perspective though. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete