"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
   Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
Deuteronomy 31:8

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Update: Great February but seizure at school on Friday.

It's been SO long since I've written a post! I guess that's mostly a good thing. Luella had a terrific February! Not one seizure the whole month! It's such a blessing to have a more "normal" life and not having to deal with weekly seizures like we were before starting Luella on Diamox. I say "normal" because life really isn't ever "normal" but we enjoy it as much as we can! :-)

Luella ended her seizure-free streak on Friday with a seizure at school. She went FIVE weeks! This was her second seizure at school. We are so blessed to have such caring and watchful people with Luella while she is at school. Luella's class was having some play time on the playground and Luella was having lots of fun. It's hard to know what the trigger was - too much excitement, over-heating, sun, cold air, etc....  Luella also woke up that morning with lots of sneezes and a runny nose so it could have been the fact that she was getting sick. The important thing is that everyone did exactly what they were supposed to do.

I was running a few errands downtown when I got the call. When I got to school they had cleared the playground and Luella was on the ground with many teachers and the school nurse around her. She was nice and cozy as a couple of teachers had given up their coats to keep her warm. At that time it was right at the three minute mark when her rescue med (midazolam) would have been given. Thankfully her seizure stopped on its own and no rescue meds were needed. Jim arrived shortly after and we got Luella loaded up and home again. Normally she doesn't sleep so much when she doesn't have midazolam, but the seizure - and I think the combination of her having a cold - really wiped her out. She slept about an hour and half then kind of woke up but then was really sleepy all afternoon. She really didn't perk up until about 5:00 that night.

Luella is still dealing with this cold but has enjoyed playing outside a few times over the past few days when the temperatures here have gotten so amazing! We are ready for summer!!

Thanks for following along and keeping up to date on all that is happening with Luella. We appreciate all the thoughts and prayers! God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment