"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
   Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
Deuteronomy 31:8

Friday, February 15, 2013

A V-day Seizure

Luella started out the morning with a Happy Valentine's Day egg with heart strawberries. I wanted to make her V-Day extra special since candy wasn't going to be a part of it. Unfortunately Luella started getting another cold yesterday (Wednesday). She's been sneezing SO much, coughing some too.

We had such a fun supper and I made a version of cupcakes with meringue frosting that Luella could have for dessert! She was so excited when I made the frosting this morning and she could actually have a couple little licks!! After supper we watched the Charlie Brown Valentine special. We had gone upstairs to get ready for bed, Luella had just finished brushing teeth and I told her to go get some jammies out of her drawer. I saw that she had opened the drawer and was getting some jammies. I had turned to get something in the hallway and when I came back to her room she was limp, her arms hanging over her drawer and the rest of her was slipping down the front of the dresser. At first I thought she was just playing but I heard her gasp and I knew it wasn't good. She wasn't breathing much at all and she was quickly turning blue. Her fingertips and hands were grey. We put the pulse-ox monitor on her right after the 1st dose of midazolam and her O2 was down to 40%! It's so scary watching your child and just waiting for them to take a breath! We put the oxygen on and thankfully she started breathing enough of it to get her O2 back up to the 80s-90s%. There have only been a couple of times that she wasn't breathing like this. I believe the other times we were already in the hospital. I'm SO THANKFUL we have oxygen with us all the time!! The seizure wasn't stopping so I had to give the second dose and it still went on. The seizure ended up lasting 7 minutes - longer than usual. After the seizure she slept about 30 min but then woke up and cried and cried. I just held her. I'm sure she felt like she'd been hit by a truck. I just could not console her. She cried about 45 minutes and then finally drifted off to sleep.

Not how I envisioned our Valentine's Day, but I am thankful that we got to have some fun earlier! We need to kick these prayers for Luella into over-drive!! Please pray for HEALING! Thanks.

Luella having fun with some of her Valentine's goodies!!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet little lady! So scary when their oxygen gets so low. Glad she finally came out of it okay.