"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
   Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
Deuteronomy 31:8

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

2 Seizures This Week

Luella had a seizure Sunday night and another one tonight. I was a little worried after the seizure a week before Thanksgiving that landed her in the ER... wondering what the next one would be like. Were we on the road to harder to control seizures again? On Sunday her seizure was SO fast! She got her rescue med and it was done in just a couple minutes! That was a relief. Tonight's seizure didn't seem so fast.

I had been gone all day for a meeting with a certified GAPS practitioner over 2 hours away. It was a good day. An emotional day though, re-telling Luella's story and dealing with my insecurities about starting Luella on such a strict diet. I got home and within 45 minutes my little peanut was having a nasty tonic clonic (grand mal) seizure. I lost it! It's a good thing Jim was home to run after the medication and oxygen tank. I just could not keep it together. I'm sure if I had been alone with her I could have handled it but I was so glad I didn't have to. Luella was shaking so hard and foaming at the mouth with blood (she must have bit her tongue). I hate, hate, hate watching those seizures!! They are so violent-looking. It wasn't letting up and I thought a second dose of midazolam would be necessary. I just put my hands on her and prayed, "God make it stop!" and it was done. Thank you Lord! Burke had just been going to take a shower and he told me later that he prayed right away in the shower for her seizure to stop too. What a sweet boy! I actually thought this seizure was longer then the one on Sunday but Jim informed me they were the same length. I guess it just seemed so much longer because I hate watching her convulse like that!

After holding her for awhile I put her down for the night. Hopefully she will wake up rested and ready for a morning at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment