"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
   Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
Deuteronomy 31:8

Thursday, July 30, 2015

I Hate Seizures

I really hate seizures. I especially hate seizures that start in her sleep. That's what happened tonight. After Luella fell asleep we heard her alarm going off and by the sound I heard next - a gasping breath - I knew it was not a false alarm.

She's laying there - eyes wide open, not blinking, just staring. Oxygen is dropping. Heart rate is increasing. Alarm is ringing. She is smacking her tongue. I'm praying. First dose of midazolam does nothing. I'm praying. Second dose, nothing. Oxygen is dropping fast - down to 21%. I'm praying. Finally after a third dose and a few minutes later it stopped. Oxygen levels improve and her heart rate slows down. She closes her eyes. And I thank God for getting her through this seizure. Then I cry. I hate seizures. I hate seeing my baby girl like this.

On a positive note Luella was just a few days from making it SIX WEEKS seizure free! She made it 39 days! We are praying that now that this seizure is out of the way she can really enjoy these last few weeks of summer before school starts and that she can have LOTS of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment