"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
   Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
Deuteronomy 31:8

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Roller Coaster Fun!

I had to go back here... one month ago we were enjoying the HOT Florida sun and 85 degree temps. Today I'm bundled up and freezing and it feels like 5 degrees out there in that yucky white stuff!! :-)

I mentioned in the post about our trip that we discovered Luella LOVES roller coasters! I forgot to post the video of her on the Woody Woodpecker roller coaster at Universal Studios. She has such a cute little roller coaster scream!


Luella also enjoyed the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom and even SPACE MOUNTAIN!! Yikes! All the roller coasters we had been on we could be right beside Luella so I was surprised at Space Mountain when I saw we would be in our own seats. I was hesitant to let her ride but she was so excited and Jim said she would be fine. I really didn't know what we were in for on the ride. I had forgotten what it was like. WOW! Pitch dark and FAST! I was so nervous about Luella sitting by herself. Thankfully I could hear her screaming most of the time so I knew she was okay. And I leaned forward a few times to touch her shoulders. When the ride stopped Luella was fine... she LOVED it!! Nothing scares her. She would have gone again. Knowing what the ride was like I probably wouldn't have let her do it.... but she did and it was one of her favorite rides. When we got off she said "that was super fast!" They even gave her a special pin that said "First time on Space Mountain"!

Thankfully God made Luella's new medication (diamox) protect her during our trip (and since)! These rides would not have been possible before! It was such an answer to prayer to be able to enjoy this special time as a family!

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Space Mountain

Luella wearing her "First Time on Space Mountain" pin and all smiles after the ride!


No comments:

Post a Comment