"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
   Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
Deuteronomy 31:8

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Purple November / October Wrap Up



First I want to remind you all to wear your purple in November for Epilepsy Awareness Month. We'd like to turn the world purple for the month of November!



So far this month Luella has had four seizures - two of those just in the last week! I'm hoping we can finish out the month seizure-free. There will be lots of excitement on Halloween... so we'll see.

Thankfully Luella was able to celebrate turning FOUR without a seizure to get in the way!! She has been so excited for her birthday and we were thankful for answered prayers for a fun day. Awhile ago I asked Luella what kind of birthday cake she wanted. I was getting myself prepared to make her a Belle cake since she is so into Princess Belle, but she wanted a "rubber ducky cake". She had a pink ducky cake for her first birthday so I really didn't want to do that again. I decided to incorporate the rubber ducky into a different fun cake. She loved it. When I showed her the fondant duck I sculpted she whispered "I want to eat it!!" And she did... at the party and we only let her eat the head then we cut her off... just a bit too much sugar!! It was great to have family and special friends here to help her celebrate. Hard to believe our "baby" is four! She is already announcing that "after four I be five"!! Let's hang onto four for a little bit Luella!!

Luella's 4th Birthday

Making a wish!

The beak is gone!!

Opening gifts.


Luella was also excited to get to see Sesame Street Live this month! She loved seeing Elmo and all the Sesame Street Friends!! It was a special outing with just mommy and daddy!
















Remember PURPLE NOVEMBER!! Thanks everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 4th to Luella! I'm so glad she had a wonderful day!
    You are a seriously talented cake making lady :) I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete