"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
   Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
Deuteronomy 31:8

Saturday, August 4, 2012

This week: 2 seizures but water fun at home!

Well, we ended a pretty good week with a seizure today at City Park. (Luella had a seizure to start the week too on Sunday.) It was such a nice day to get out. We had RAIN last night and a much cooler day today!! After Luella's nap we ran some errands around town and then stopped by City Park for the kids to play. Luella wanted to be so independent. I tend to stick to her like glue while she climbs on the playground equipment. Luella kept pushing me back and saying "No, mommy. Self." I was pretty impressed with her coordination. She was getting around pretty well without needing my help though I was right there just in case.

After playing for quite awhile I noticed Luella getting a little clumsy. She was stumbling a little and running into things. She had just come down from a slide and I told Jim that I thought she was getting more unbalanced. She was still talking to us and responding just fine, even laughing at times. Then she tripped a couple times and I picked her up and she just started staring off and losing consciousness. Jim gave her one dose of midazolam and she came out of it pretty quickly. She didn't even have a post-ictal nap but was a little dopey for awhile. She was back to her normal goofy self after supper.

During the week we had the little baby pool and slip n' slide out at home a couple of times. We thought we'd try swimming at home on a really hot day. Luella did great! She had so much fun!! I haven't really wanted to get the pool or slip n' slide out again since her seizure on the slip n' slide back in June. This time she wore her sunglasses and would look down at the water reflecting the bright sun and NO SEIZURES! I really think the sunglasses are helping. I was so glad to be able to see her have some normal kid fun without any problems!

Luella and friend Lauren enjoying the water!

We are doing more research into the Low Glycemic Index Treatment for Luella - actually Jim is doing most of the work. I have such an amazing husband!! He has been devoting all of his free-time to Luella and figuring out what is best for her. I'm feeling so much better about making this diet change. I appreciate all of your prayers. I know it'll still be a big adjustment but I want to do what is best for Luella too and if changing her diet helps her to have fewer seizures without adding meds - that would be great!! It'll probably be 2 - 3 weeks before we can start it.

We appreciate all of you who have subscribed to get these updates about Luella and those who read the blog from my facebook updates. We are thankful to have so many caring friends and family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment