"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
   Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
Deuteronomy 31:8

Friday, September 9, 2011

Wanted: Babysitter

Next week I will be taking Ryker to ECFE at the school again. It's one day a week - Thursdays from 8:45 - 10:15. They do have sibling care available but we are not going to be taking Luella there. We are still nervous about leaving Luella with someone for two reasons:

1. Luella’s seizures are usually subtle. So in a roomful of kids it’d be easy for someone to not notice right away that she’s having a seizure.

2. With lots of other kids there Luella could easily get exposed to something. Kids with Dravet Syndrome tend to have somewhat weakened immune systems. On top of this any type of illness has a good chance of causing a seizure, so we are trying to avoid getting her exposed unnecessarily.

Also, in October my women's Bible Study starts again. That will be on Tuesdays from 9:30 - 11:00. Ryker will go with me because they have a children's program too that he goes to.

What we are looking for is a volunteer to watch Luella at our home while Jim is here working from home on the days I'm gone with Ryker. We feel more comfortable with someone watching Luella one-on-one and also Jim is here if something were to happen.

If you or someone you know would want to help us out, please let me know. You do not have to commit to every week, even once a month or whatever you can would be a great help to us. Luella has really never been away from either Jim or I and since I stay at home with the kids these two chances to get out and do something for Ryker and myself really help me stay sane!! :-)

Please call or email me if you can help - heather.m.johnson@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment